February 2018 marks the 7th anniversary of my eating adventures and, as ever, I'm excited about what the coming months will bring for us foodies! In case this is your first visit (if not, welcome back), I'm a 30-something female with a very healthy appetite!...I promise to share with you my experience of each restaurant, café or bar in which I set foot...so, let's go out!


Wednesday 23 March 2011

The Boy's Breakfast - Castellano's, Fishponds-Bristol

The Boy's Breakfast - at Castellano's (Deli-Charcuterie-Traiteur) Fishponds, Bristol
http://www.castellanos.co.uk/

As my favourite place to eat and buy high quality produce in Bristol, there is so much I can say about Castellano's and I fully intend to share my thoughts with you in a full review. But for now, I'm going to give The Boy an opportunity to deviate from his 3-word limit and share his experiences of this venue in regards to his usual breakfast which is known as the 'Life-changing Sandwich'…
 
Castellano's Life-changing Sandwich…

Right so, anybody who's a fan of breakfast fry-ups, bacon sarnies and the like will understand how satisfying these meaty breakfast foods can be. A good breakfast can set you up for the day but rarely puts the kind of smile on your face that the indulgent piggy-related option does…I'm talking sausage, bacon and egg. Now, I know that it's not exactly gourmet food but it's timeless and there is only one place in all of Bristol I'm willing to eat this combination. It's only really a partial exaggeration that the sandwich is life-changing, saying that, it has been known to leave me speechless and besides, once you've had the best, why eat the rest?!

It's quality that stands out here, sausage and bacon that taste and smell as if they were cooked on the whole pig then sliced off. None of this slimy, anaemic, water-injected multi-pack crap that you often find in supermarkets and greasy-spoons. And let me get this straight, eggs are a big deal and if you've ever had a 'true' Free Range egg without a date code lasered on to it and/or laid that day, you'll know what I'm on about. The eggs in this amazing sandwich have smouldering sunset-orange yolks with rich, white protein coats. Finally, and it's not to everyones taste but be brave, onion marmalade is the way forward to finish this sandwich - the day I added it to the above ingredients, ketchup packed it's bags and left town for good!

So go on and at least once a week, step boldly into Castellano's and ask with your head held high for the life-changing sandwich, the excellent staff will know exactly what you mean!

By the way, I hope you're sitting down for this...

Note that this can be made in a number of ways - it doesn't have to be the size of your face!

1 comment:

  1. You may also be interested to know that Castellano's is hosting two amazing evenings at St. Aldhems Church Bedminster on 1st and 2nd April 2011.
    'All Things Pig' will be a 7-course dinner (BYO wine)

    TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM CASTELLANOS DELI - 01179652792

    ReplyDelete